It’s officially wreath making season! Here at Foxgloves, we are all about unique creations using items you can find throughout your home and in the outdoors where you live. We love unique holiday decor, that is hand-made and brings the holiday spirit to your home.
We have come up with useful 5 Tips to help you create a holiday wreath that is truly unique and one-of-a-kind.
- Culinary herbs and spices are a wonderful additions to your wreath. Bay leaf, rosemary, oregano, and thyme all work wonderfully to create a herb-themed wreath. You can hang it in your kitchen from a cabinet door to add festivity to your kitchen. You can even use pieces of it in your cooking!
- Take a walk in the woods to get inspired. Cedar, pinecones, bark and wild berry branches that are in your neighbourhood woods are all perfect for incorporating into a rustic, earthy wreath.
- Dried ingredients can add in beautiful texture. Dried fruit like oranges, cranberries or grapefruit adds in unique texture and pops of colour. Even a sprig of dried lavender can add in the wonderful calming sent.
- Simple or extravagant, let your creativity flow. Wreath making is all about having fun, we encourage you to make a day of it. Plan it out with friends or your family members. Prepare a few days before with cutting branches and gathering supplies. Extras to help include a glue gun, wire and clippers. Get creative!
- Don’t be shy about making a statement with the finishing touches. Adding in a large bow, tying ribbon in throughout, looping on a bell to jingle – these all finish your wreath with the perfect topping.
For more tips, you can find us featured in a recent blog post with Redfin – find it here.